Zero Carbon Solution
ZEDpods are designed to provide a net zero-carbon housing solution with ultra-low energy requirements. Features include:
- Integrated roof mounted solar array (BIPV – Building Integrated Photovoltaic)
- Off-grid battery storage with integrated inverter
- Electric evaporator plate heat pump for domestic water
- Super insulated building envelope
- Triple glazed windows
- Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery
- Exceptional levels of daylighting
- Extremely low running costs
- 100% sustainable end-of-life construction solution with fully re-usable materials
- Draft EPC of 107A
- 9 or 10 Credits under Ene 1 in SAP
- Super insulated with Low energy appliances and solar panels
- Super-efficient heating and hot water system
- Optional battery storage to help offset energy costs
Each home is designed to be substantially powered by solar electricity generated by integrated photovoltaic roof panels. Solar electricity is stored in a large 60kwh lithium ion phosphate battery.
Where required, this can be automatically trickle charged during the day from the street lighting circuit. It means single or multiple homes can be installed with almost zero demand on the local electricity grid and without the requirement for costly new cabling services.
ZEDpods built over existing parking are also designed with optional Electric Vehicle (EV) charging facilities to take advantage of excess renewable energy, with capacity to charge several electric vehicles during the day, subject to conditions.
Supporting your business
ZEDpods provides a comprehensive support package to ensure your project is successful. This covers design, feasibility studies and site surveys, together with planning engagement, off-site construction and installation.
We offer a range of ways to engage, please fill out an enquiry form here to start the conversation.