Meeting rented and low-cost home ownership demand
Rethinking homes for people in housing need
Demand for housing and increasing diversity in the provision of affordable homes, including market rented properties, part buy, sales and new build, are setting tough challenges for Housing Associations large and small.
A reduction in Government funding and diminishing grant aid is an issue, while at the same time tenants are becoming more demanding. A potential extension of the Right to Buy to RSLs, and the effects of the Homeless Reduction Act will add yet more pressure.
A new approach to starter homes which are quick to build, affordable and even help you take advantage of unwanted or awkward sites, could be the answer.
- Want to provide new build social housing but don’t have the funding or grants to make this possible?
- Need sustainable, low carbon, low energy housing, to tackle increasing levels of fuel poverty
- Would like to be able to develop unwanted land or windfall sites not currently allocated to housing or too challenging using conventional build
- Need a flexible solution to help secure both rented and low-cost home ownership opportunities
The ZEDpod Solution
The fully ‘Space Standards’ compliant ZEDpod is a prefabricated one, two, or three-bedroom housing solution, offering almost instant high-quality, ultra-low energy housing without the land and site issues associated with conventional new build.
As a modular housing solution, it can be used to build over existing parks, hard-standings or on difficult to develop and awkward spaces not currently allocated to housing. The solution is building regulation compliant, includes a 10-year new build warranty and is fully mortgageable.
It’s a low energy solution designed to resolve housing needs for key workers and first-time buyers with minimal demand on existing services and infrastructures.
Once delivered to site, construction and installation can be completed, often within 24 hours for a single unit, ready for immediate occupancy.
With a range of design and engagement options, ZED Pods enables you to build to high standards and meet your housing needs faster.
Protect your tenants from fuel poverty
Energy neutral housing solutions with the lowest running costs possible
Find out more about how ZEDpods can help you:
- Make an impact on housing shortages for people in real housing need
- Combat rising rent through innovations in design and delivery
- Improve the quality of the housing on offer
- Protect renters from fuel poverty
- Provide more affordable rent and shared ownership schemes
How ZEDpods can make a difference:
- Zero-carbon, energy neutral homes with ultra-low running costs and minimal impact to existing infrastructure and services
- Affordable, high-quality urban housing for keyworkers and young people to rent or buy
- A modular solution with all the benefits of off-site construction, rapid installation and minimal disruption
- Built to higher standards than most conventional housing with exceptional acoustic and environmental performance
- Designed to take advantage of land outside the development plan, including air-rights over car parks as well hard standings and difficult to develop land
- Fully fitted, compact and aspirational design, with outstanding use of light and space
- Available with a ‘Q Assure’ mortgageable warranty and fully ‘Space Standards’ compliant
- A long life, relocatable permanent building with near zero waste when moved
- A range of development options to help you build affordable homes without the need for land or capital expenditure
- Purchase costs are determined on a site by site basis depending on typologies, stairs, walkways and other options. Click here to send a site for us to assess
Supporting your housing team
No longer just a concept, ZEDpods projects are in planning in several locations around the UK and show homes can be visited at Dunstable. View our news section to learn more.
- Air quality and fire proofing are core to the design
- ZEDPod is a completely flexible and scalable solution
- Modular off-site manufacture means minimum site disruption for your community
- Site preparation, construction processes and duration for supplying services, are dramatically simplified compared to conventional new build
- Mobile and easily demountable structures give you total flexibility
- The unique design qualities of ZEDPods mean we can build were conventional construction fails
- Find out if ZEDPod homes would be suitable for your sites. Contact/click here to register for a free consultation, site layout and outline business case.